Disclaimer: This article is sponsored by Ziprecruiter. We are affiliates and may get commissions for actions taken after clicking links on this page.
When it comes to Indeed vs LinkedIn for job posters, each has its own benefits.
Whichever you choose, we recommend taking our free Hiring Success Course with experienced hiring manager, Jennifer Coleman.
She’ll show you the ropes on posting your first job listing.
It’s no secret that looking for a job is not an easy process.
You need to go through the different job postings, submit your resume and cover letter, and go on interviews—it’s all very time-consuming.
So what’s the best way to maximize your job search? Use a job board.
Job boards are websites that allow employers to post job openings and job seekers to search for jobs.
There are a few different types of job boards, but the two most popular are Indeed and LinkedIn.
In this blog post, we’re going to compare Indeed and LinkedIn to help you decide which one is best for you.
Indeed vs LinkedIn Compared
Are you looking for a job? If so, you’re likely familiar with Indeed and LinkedIn.
LinkedIn and Indeed are two of the most popular job boards in use today.
Both offer a wide range of features for employers and job seekers, but there are some key distinctions between the two platforms.
It has a search engine that allows users to find jobs based on keywords and locations.
The platform launched in 2004 and has been the bridge that connects employers to job seekers.
Indeed boasts great features and has been praised by both job seekers and employers for its ease of use and effectiveness.
Here are its features for employers and job seekers:
Post a job – Indeed has a paid and free version that allows employers to post a job to attract potential applicants.
Sponsor job posts – The paid version allows employers to sponsor job postings to achieve faster results by making it more visible.
Screen Candidates – Indeed also has this feature where companies can screen candidates and make preliminary decisions.
Applicant tracking system – Indeed also has this feature where hiring managers can track applicants to monitor their progress
Create a company page – Companies can create a company page to show what the company is all about and what it stands for.
Hire talent – Employers can also scan resumes and hire job seekers on the platform with ease.
For Job Seekers
Resume Builder – A very useful tool that’s beneficial for job seekers who want to build their resumes on the platform. Alternatively, they can also upload their resumes on the platform.
Search Jobs – This feature allows job seekers to look for specific jobs and find out details such as job description, salary, requirements, and more. It’s a great tool if you want to explore available positions from different companies.
Apply for jobs – Job seekers can upload their resumes and apply for jobs to get hired on Indeed.
Receive email alerts – Job seekers can also get email alerts when a job that matches their skills is available. This keeps them posted on job openings.
Search job salaries – Indeed comes with this amazing feature that lets job seekers search for various types of jobs and find out how much companies usually pay.
Indeed runs on a pay-per-click model that starts at $5 per day per job post to appear higher on search engine results.
This is great because people get to see the job post and the employer only gets to pay a fee whenever someone clicks on it.
In addition, Indeed also lets recruiters browse resumes that costs $100 per month for the Standard Plan with up to 30 contact credits.
Unless you need more, you can get the Professional Plan which costs $250 a month with 100 contact credits.
LinkedIn is a social network for professionals that is used for business networking.
It is designed to look more professional than other social media sites, like Facebook or Twitter.
Users can create a profile that includes their work history, education, and other professional information.
Interestingly, the platform also has a section for job postings, where recruiters list available positions in a company that job seekers can apply for.
LinkedIn has many features that employers can take advantage of to maximize their recruitment efforts.
The job board works by allowing job seekers to connect with potential employers, and employers to connect with potential employees.
Search for potential employees – LinkedIn allows employers to search for job seekers by using keywords.
Create a company profile – LinkedIn allows employers to connect with potential employees by creating a Company Profile, where they can showcase their company’s culture, employees, and so much more.
Message candidates – Employers can send a direct message to potential candidates via InMail even if they aren’t connected on LinkedIn.
Post a job – Employers can post a job on LinkedIn and allow job seekers to apply for the position.
Promote job posting – LinkedIn allows companies to promote job postings to make them become more visible to interested applicants
Candidate matching – The social platform also matches companies with candidates that are right for the job for a faster process.
Hire candidates – LinkedIn also allows employers to search for suitable candidates, and hire them.
For Job Seekers
InMail – This premium feature allows users to receive and send InMail messages to interact with people outside their LinkedIn network. This is an excellent feature if you’re on the search for a new job since this type of mail is guaranteed to get a higher open rate.
See who has viewed your profile – Another feature that lets users see who has viewed their LinkedIn profile. It’s one of the best features on the platform since it can help users identify who has shown interest to them. Thus, giving them an opportunity to send personalized messages.
Resume Builder – LinkedIn also has its own resume builder that builds your resume according to the information on your profile. This makes it easy to build one without having to manually do everything on your own.
Rankings – Basic and Premium members get to see how they rank among other applicants. Premium members are more likely to rank higher than others.
Search Engine – LinkedIn has this feature where all types of users can search for people, jobs, companies, and so much more.
As of this writing, LinkedIn has 4 pricing plans for job seekers and employers:
- Career ($29.99 per month) – for job seekers
- Business ($59.99 per month) – for networking
- Sales ($79.99 per month) – for finding leads
- Hiring ($229.99 per month) – for hiring talent
Is LinkedIn worth it?
LinkedIn can be a great way to meet new people, find jobs, and make connections.
But do you think it’s worth it?
There are certainly benefits to using LinkedIn.
It’s a great way to connect with other professionals and network with potential employers.
It can also be helpful for finding jobs and getting hired by a legit company since users can check the company’s profile.
LinkedIn is great if you want to get hired right away, or if you need to establish connections with other professionals.
If you’re an employer, the premium version of the site gives you access to better features that could make the recruitment process a lot easier.
How do you know if a job posting is legit?
There are a lot of things that can scare job seekers, but the thing that seems to terrify them the most is the possibility of encountering scammers.
This is especially true for those who use job boards, which are a popular target for scammers.
These scammers will often pose as employers or recruiters and will try to get the job seeker to divulge personal information or even get free sample work done.
They may even promise employment, but never follow through.
Job seekers should be aware of these scams and take precautions when applying for jobs.
Always do your research on potential employers, and never give out personal information unless you’re sure it’s safe to do so.
And if you ever encounter a scammer, report them immediately.
Do employers reach out to you on Indeed?
Employers are always looking for qualified candidates, which is why they are the first to reach out.
By being proactive, these managers can increase their chances of finding the best possible candidates and avoid wasting time and energy on candidates who are not a good fit.
How do you get noticed on Indeed?
Looking to stand out from the competition and land your dream job?
There are plenty of ways to do this, but one of the most effective is by creating a strong profile on the job site.
Make sure to include keywords that are relevant to the position you are applying for and your experience.
Build your profile in a way that shows off your skills and why you would be a good fit for the position.
By putting in the extra effort, you can ensure that your resume gets easily found by hiring managers.
Is Easy Apply on LinkedIn effective?
LinkedIn is a great resource for job seekers.
However, some people find it difficult to apply for jobs on the platform because they feel like they need to leave the page and apply manually on the company’s website.
Easy Apply is a great feature on LinkedIn that makes applying for jobs on the site easier by allowing you to submit your job application without leaving the page.
This makes applying for jobs on LinkedIn much easier than filling out applications online or through other channels.
Note that the Easy Apply button is not applicable to all job listings posted on the website unless the company allows it.
How do you attract job applicants?
Attracting the best job applicants is essential for any company.
In order to stand out from the competition, it is important to employ a strategy that focuses on attracting qualified professionals and showcasing a strong online presence.
Here are some tips for doing just that:
1. Create an attractive job listing that showcases the specific skills and experiences you are looking for in a candidate. Make sure to include information about the company’s culture, what benefits are available, and how to apply.
2. Create a strong online presence. Make use of social media platforms to reach out to candidates who may be interested in your job opening. Share interesting articles, insights, and photos that highlight your company culture and what makes it unique.
3. Make sure your job listing is constructed in a way that is easily searchable on the internet. Try to include keywords in your job title and description, so that interested candidates will be able to find it easily.
4. Sponsor a job listing on various online platforms. This will help attract talented people who are looking for new opportunities.
5. Network with people who can help you connect with potential candidates. Attend events and meet people who work in the industry you’re interested in and ask them for referrals.
6. Ask for referrals from your employees. They’ll be able to give you valuable insights into who would be a good fit for your company.
What should a job posting include?
When job postings are placed on websites, in newspapers, or flyers, it is important that all the necessary information is included so that people can find the job and apply.
This information should include:
- Duties and responsibilities of the position – Detailed information about the position should be included so that potential candidates have a good understanding of what they are applying for. List the skills and experience level required for the role, and indicate if any special qualifications are needed.
- Name and location of the company – Make sure to include the name of your company, and which city, town, or country the company is located in.
- Accurate job title – The title of your position should accurately reflect what you are looking for in a candidate. For example, if you are looking for someone with customer service experience, then your title should reflect that such as “Customer Service Representative”.
- Contact information – Include a telephone number and email address for those who wish to contact you directly, as well as an address where they can send their resume or application.
- Type of job – Specify if the job is part-time or full-time, freelance, or contractual.
- Instructions on how to apply for the position – Provide specific instructions on how to apply or what to bring to an interview.
- Salary range and benefits – Make sure to list a salary range and the benefits that come with the position. This will help you attract candidates who are qualified and can meet your expectations.
- Application Deadline– Make sure to note the exact date by which you need applicants to submit their applications. If there is no specific deadline, then at least mention when you expect applicants to submit their applications.
The Bottom Line
Overall, both websites are useful tools for job seekers.
LinkedIn is great because it allows users to build connections with people to establish trust among potential employers.
The only problem is that basic members might find it extra challenging to be hired since premium members can outrank them.
Also, if you need more features, you have to pay extra just to get the most out of the social media platform.
On the other hand, Indeed is a very useful site because of its features that allow job seekers to see open positions, upload their resumes, and get hired.
The job board also has useful features like its applicant tracking system and the pay-per-click sponsored job post.
But if you’re looking for the best place to hire or be hired, ZipRecruiter is the best choice.
It’s an easy-to-use job board that streamlines the hiring process, which is highly beneficial for employers and job seekers.
Businesses can use the platform to hire someone, and job seekers can use it to upload their resumes and look for new jobs.
The platform uses AI technology that matches ideal candidates with hiring managers.
If you’re interested to learn more about ZipRecruiter, check out our review by clicking here.