Disclaimer: We are Amazon affiliates and may get commissions for purchases made after clicking links on this page.
If your child is starting kindergarten or first grade, it’s important for them to be able to count from 1-100.
There are many ways to help them learn this important skill, including counting with flashcards, practicing aloud, and having them practice with numbers on a playing board or chart.
By providing your child with opportunities to practice counting, they will develop good counting habits and eventually be able to count without assistance.
MommyBear’s Top 5 Amazon Finds (+2 Bonuses) To Teach Your Child How To Count 1-100
When it comes to teaching your child how to count, there are many different methods available.
Some parents opt for traditional teaching methods, such as having their children repeat the numbers back to them, while others try to incorporate playtime with numbers into everyday activities.
With that said, here are our Top 5 Amazon Finds for Kids’ Activities:
1. Kingmall Big Size P0pp with Numbers Rainbow Square Fidgett Ttoy 100 bubbles【with 1-100 Numbers Tables】
If you’re looking for a fun toy that will keep your child entertained while learning how to count, the Kingmall silicone bubble fidget sensory toy is a great option.
This toy comes with 100 bubbles that can be popped one by one with the help of a finger, making it an ideal tool for developing hand-eye coordination and counting skills.
Plus, the soft silicone material makes it easy for your child to grip and manipulate.
2. Curious George Learns to Count from 1 to 100
Curious George Learns to Count from 1 to 100 is a fun and educational book for children.
It features Curious George, an adorable little monkey, who learns how to count by counting everyday objects around him.
The colorful illustrations and simple text make it easy for kids to understand the concepts of counting.
3. ThinkMax Number Counting Toys, 1-100 Number Board
ThinkMax’s number board is a colorful board that helps children count and recognize numbers.
The numbered squares and large writing surface makes it easy for kids to write down numbers.
Plus, it can be folded up for easy storage, making it a great way to improve your child’s math skills.
4. Hundred Pocket Charts with 200 Flash Cards
This wall-mounted chart features a row of pockets numbered 1-100 and a corresponding number on the opposite side of the chart.
The pocket chart can be easily mounted to a wall, making it easy for your child to access and learn from.
Preschool teachers can also use it to teach students about numbers.
5. Larsen Puzzles Counting 1-100 100 Piece Children’s Educational Jigsaw Puzzle
The number puzzle board by Larsen is a great tool for teaching your kids about numbers.
It is a simple way to help them learn how to count and identify different numbers.
The board consists of 100 pieces that are numbered 1-100.
Every piece has a unique position on the board, which makes it easy for kids to remember the order of the numbers.
This is a great way to help kids learn basic math skills and increase their memory skills at the same time.
Bonus 1: Counting Dinosaurs with Matching Sorting Cups
If your kid loves dinosaurs as much, then this colorful toy by Tacobear is a fun way to teach them how to count and organize dinosaurs by color.
The toy comes with 72 pieces that can be organized in 6 colored sorting cups.
Kids will need to use hand-eye coordination and their counting skills which makes it another great tool for early learners who are looking for something fun and challenging.
Bonus 2: Chicrug Kids Dinosaur Playmats Educational Area Rugs, 4×6 Feet
This fun and educational mat by Chicrug is perfect for your kiddos’ room.
The playmat has colorful numbers and dinosaurs’ names printed on it, making it the perfect spot to learn about numbers and dinosaurs.
Plus, it’s easy to clean so your child can enjoy hours of fun playing with it.
We bought everything on this list to try it out and give you an honest review on each of the products.
We’re working with my son to count to 20 before he starts his 2nd year of preschool, and we thought we’d get a bunch of stuff that goes all the way to 100 so he can be ready for kindergarten too! My daughter is in love with math at the moment, so she happily joined in on the activities and teaching too.
My son loved the 100 puzzle and the popper (I mean, most kids love poppers!). My daughter took more to the magnetic and dry erase set since she wanted to write out all her numbers to 100. She did a great job as well.
I’ve worked with my son on the wall chart, but it’s not as interactive as some of the other things, so it hasn’t gotten a ton of attention yet, but is a great learning tool.
They both had fun sorting dinosaurs as well. There are other activity cards that come with this kit, but we’ve mostly been using them to count to 20.
The Curious George book was LONG for little kids. We divided reading it into 3 different bed times to make it more fun for the kids instead of one long story time where they may have lost interest.
Lastly, the dinosaur counting rug was cool and the kids loved it, but I will say that it bunches up pretty easy. If you buy, I would get something to be able to fasten it in one spot on your floor, or it will end up sliding and bunching pretty easy. Out of all of this, the rug may be the item that I would have avoided purchasing (or we may buy some carpet tape to keep it down).
Below are some of the images we took of these counting games and activities, and our kids trying them out. It was a fun time, and my son can already count to 20 WAY better than before we got them.
Why is it important to teach kids numbers and counting?
Numbers are an important part of learning, and teaching kids how to count is a crucial part of their development.
When children understand how to count, they can better manage their money, remember information, and more.
There are many reasons why it is important to teach kids numbers:
- Counting helps children learn basic math skills. When children are counting objects or numbers in sets, they are practicing basic math concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Numbers help children develop good memory skills. When children learn to remember the order of certain numbers by counting them out loud or writing them down, they are building strong memory skills.
- Numbers help children stay organized. It can be tough for kids to keep track of a lot of different items at once if they don’t know how to count them.
- Counting also help children learn to make decisions. Counting helps children to know how much of something there is, and it helps them choose between different options.
How do you help a child learn to count?
One of the first things that parents want to do in order to stimulate their child’s interest in numbers is by teaching them how to count.
The most common way to help a child learn is to have them practice by counting with them.
This can be done by having them repeat after you or by having them use flashcards or other tools.
Another way is by having them engage in math activities such as games, puzzles, and activities that use numbers, like the ones we mentioned before.
By doing so, children will be more likely to continue counting correctly when they are faced with mathematical challenges.
What age should a child start counting?
When it comes to counting, age is not always a determining factor.
Many people believe that children can start counting at any point, as long as they are able to understand the concept of one, two, and three.
Meanwhile, others feel that children should begin counting when they are very young and continue learning new numbers along the way.
Ultimately, what works best for your child depends on their developmental level and how much they enjoy learning.
Why is learning through play so important?
Children are naturally curious and want to explore everything around them.
When they are engaged in activities that are fun and challenging, they are more likely to remember the information they are trying to learn.
Playing with educational toys allows children to have fun and learn at the same time, which makes them more engaged in what they’re doing.
Plus, it also encourages them to be creative and think outside the box, which can help them learn new things.
How do toys influence children’s lives?
There is no denying that the toys have a profound impact on children’s lives.
They can provide entertainment, help teach important life skills, and even shape their future interests.
Toys can also encourage children to be creative and explore their interests.
Here are some ways that toys can influence children’s lives:
- Toys can help teach important skills. For example, toy cars can help children learn how to drive, while toy trucks can help them learn about basic logistics.
- Toys can be a source of comfort. For example, a child who is feeling sad may enjoy playing with a toy that is related to their favorite subject or character.
- Toys can encourage children to be creative and explore their interests. For example, if a child loves dinosaurs, they may enjoy playing with dinosaur toys that allow them to create their own scenes and adventures.
- Toys can provide entertainment. For example, if a child enjoys playing with building blocks, they may enjoy creating their own structures.
- Toys can be used to teach social skills. For example, children learn how to share toys by giving away their toys and taking turns using the toys of others.
Tips For Choosing Educational Toys For Kids
Educational toys are an important part of a child’s development.
They can encourage a child’s creativity and imagination, as well as help them learn important skills.
There are many different types of educational toys, and it is important to choose ones that are appropriate for the age of the child.
Here are some tips for choosing toys for your little one:
1. Consider what your child is interested in. If your child is into dinosaurs, for example, consider buying a dinosaur toy. If your child likes cars, you might want to buy them a car toy.
2. Look for toys that stimulate creativity and imagination. Toys that encourage a child to think outside the box can be very beneficial.
3. Choose toys that provide physical activity as well as mental stimulation. Toys that offer both options can help improve a child’s coordination and balance skills, among other things.
4. Choose toys that are age appropriate. Toys should not be too difficult or too easy for your child; they should challenge their abilities but still be fun. This will help keep them engaged and interested in playing with the toy.